Blackhoodie is a free, women only reverse engineering workshop.
Why women only:
Because a girl-to-girl conversation is so much more fruitful than a full classroom with only one or two women hiding in the corners. I’ve done so many things in my life where I was the only girl among X other participants, and I promise I’ve been hiding in the corners more than once.
For the gents it might not be that obvious, but it is not easy for young females who haven’t yet found their place in life to walk into a class room, a university lecture, an office or a conference room full of men. Who, generally speaking, very often very well seem to know their place.
I’ve had girls in my classes before, hiding and holding back although I am so certain they would have been capable to be so much better than what their final results showed. So yeah this will be women only, for every female should feel welcomed and encouraged to do her best and get the most out of it.
Why more women in low-level technical jobs in general?
- It’s difficult. Mastering something difficult makes you happy. I want all of you to be happy.
- It pays well. While money makes you also happy, what’s more important, it gives you courage and independence.
- It keeps you busy. Lots of open job positions globally, even better, believe it or not it is addictive and you might even find yourself a new hobby.
- There won’t be slides, there will be you, and your debugger, only.
- Online preparation assignments, 4 of them, over the course of two months prior to the workshop
- No fees, no strings attached, all you have to do is get there
- Being female
- Computer science background in a sense you understand programming logic, how a processor works and how an operating system works
- A Notebook capable of running at least one virtual machine
- A virtual machine, preferred WinXP 32-bit
- Guts :) (It is going to be a lot to learn in a very short time)